- DP World has a portfolio of more than 78 marine terminals across six continents, including new developments underway in India, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
- Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue. In 2013, DP World handled 55 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent container units). With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, capacity is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand.
- DP World has a dedicated, experienced and professional team of around 30,000 people serving its customers around the world, and the company constantly invests in terminal infrastructure, facilities and people to provide quality services today and tomorrow, when and where customers need them.
- In taking this customer-centric approach, DP World is building on the established relationships and superior level of service demonstrated at its flagship Jebel Ali facility in Dubai, which has been voted “Best Seaport in the Middle East” for 20 consecutive years.
Administrative, Law and Regulation:
- Provide reliable and effective administrative support to the Group Company Secretary and Board Legal Advisor and the Company Secretariat Department, taking initiative in identifying and resolving problems and issues;
- Coordinate and assist with queries and requests received by the Department to ensure that all matters are dealt with efficiently and appropriately;
- Prepare and manage the Group Corporate Compliance Calendar and regulatory announcements timelines, which requires developing an understanding of the company’s listing obligations, including the timeframes and dates for regulatory disclosures. They will also need to understand the reporting processes and liaise with other departments to incorporate key dates and deadlines;
- Assist with the drafting and/or summarising of company secretarial correspondence and documentation in any of the following areas as required: corporate secretarial, governance, compliance, and shareholders support;
- Assist with managing the department’s data management system(s) to ensure that it is always up to date and that corporate records and documentation and any changes are uploaded promptly and reflected accurately in the system;
- Manage and improve the Department’s internal filing system, and ensure the safekeeping of original corporate documentation and certificates in the Department’s custody;
- Assist with the formation of new companies and effecting changes to the particulars of existing Group companies, and liaise with other departments, the relevant authorities, regulatory bodies and notaries, and make the necessary filings in this regard;
- Provide efficient and accurate organisational, logistical and administrative support to the Board of Directors (globally), including subsidiary Boards, in connection with Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- This includes being the key contact point for the Board of Directors for all Board logistics. The role will manage relationships with vendors; oversee the travel arrangements for Directors (including flights, hotel bookings, visas); and prepare schedules for management and the Board of Directors, often with last minute changes;
- Assist with the preparation of Board materials and management packs and presentations for Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting. This requires not only efficient administrative support but also contribution towards ensuring accurate content. These materials are prepared for Executive Management & the Board requiring a high level of attention to detail;
- Manage the Company Secretariat events, including Annual General Meeting, shareholder and Board Meetings, Board overseas visits;
- Assist with tracking and processing invoices and payments to external consultants and advisors.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent level preferred in relevant areas of study (e.g. Business Administration, Corporate Governance, Law).
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of experience as a paralegal or executive assistant in a law firm or legal department or office manager.
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ISCA) is desirable
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft products and familiarity with a variety of Company Secretariat software, including Blueprint and Board Pad would be desirable.
- Gravitas to work with the Board of Directors and Investors, strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information are a requirement of this role.
Remuneration and Employment Benefits:
The employment benefits package is reflective of the location, for this position the benefits consists of:
- Accommodation Allowance
- Transportation Allowance
- Education Assistance for Dependents
- Annual Air Ticket(s) for self / and dependents
- Private Medical Coverage for self / and dependents
- Working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs