The Markets COO business management team is responsible for supporting the Global Markets Chief Operating Officer and Head of Markets in all aspects of the Global Markets operating model. Perform financial, operational, technological and administrative tasks related to the Markets business, enabling traders & sales persons to concentrate more exclusively on revenue production.
Key responsibilities will include managing vendor onboarding with Procurement, oversee broker onboarding and maintenance of approved broker lists, and assist with the preparation of the Model Oversight Committee materials and perform ongoing model monitoring.
Impact on the Business:
- Enable Global Markets to deliver on
- The growth agenda for the Americas
- The business model changes required as a result of infrastructure and financial regulation.
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Works day-to-day with the Americas management team and front-to-back with all support and global functions
- Builds, maintains and acts on strong internal relationships at both regional and global levels
- Supports the regional asset class business managers on any initiatives as needed
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Takes decisive, timely action and is able anticipate change
- Leads by example, setting the highest standards for others to follow
- Shows belief in own ability to deliver successfully for the business, combined with a personal commitment to the organization.
- In-depth understanding of the Global Markets business and its front-to-back operation
- Proficient product knowledge across Equities, Foreign Exchange and Fixed Income
Great attention to detail
- Proficient product knowledge.
- Team player and ability to form good working relationships
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making, problem solving and project management skills.
- Self-start, self-motivating
- Ability to operate under pressure, multi-task, and be driven.
- Strong understanding of the Operations and Regulatory framework
- Proven personal leadership capability, ability to mobilize at all levels of the organisation and leverage all relevant resources beyond reporting lines
- At least 5 years of working experience is required