Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let’s shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Credit Suisse is looking for a Research Associate (RA) or Associate Analyst (ASO) to join our top ranked US Pharmaceuticals in our New York office. Highly motivated, diligent, detail-oriented, team players are encouraged to apply.
At Credit Suisse, associates play an integral role in the innovation, production and distribution of original research as a member of a Senior Analyst’s research franchise. You will gain outstanding exposure to the Pharmaceuticalsindustry as well as to all of Credit Suisse’s premiere business franchises. Through your interactions with senior management of the companies under coverage, key opinion leaders within the academic medical community, buy-side clients and your counterparts in sales, trading and fixed income, you will gain extensive industry and company knowledge. Our Research Department is one of the top rated on Wall Street and our Associate program offers you the developmental resources to succeed.
• Analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the senior analyst.
• Monitor and maintain financial models and industry databases ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
• Review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to gather/synthesize/interpret data on companies followed by the senior analyst.
• Attend industry conferences and medical meetings. Interview thought leading doctors.
• Prepare and format reports; organize data.
• Provide analytical support by maintaining and updating financial and valuation models on companies as well as assist in the development of market models that reflect patient segmentation.
• Assist in writing research notes and reports based on senior analyst’s investment theses.
• Ph.D or M.A. in life sciences from top tier school preferred.
• 1-2 years’ experience in equity research, investment banking or related experience in life sciences industry strongly preferred with market research experience in the pharmaceutical or
medical device industries an alternative.
• Experience with IMS pharmaceutical database a strong plus.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Solid understanding of business modeling and accounting principals.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
• Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must.
• Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 required – successful completion will be required shortly after employment begins