Global Investment Manager Analysis (GIMA), a unit within Wealth Management Investment Resources (WMIR), provides comprehensive manager research on a wide range of investment strategies, including separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and exchange traded funds in the equity, fixed income, and alternative investments spaces.
- Lead the due diligence process from inception to completion, which typically involves documentation review, conference calls and in-person meetings with investment managers.
- Analyze managers in relation to their investment process, portfolio construction and risk management capabilities.
- Assess manager’s historical return profile based on their performance history and attribution.
- Prepare written manager analysis reports and commentaries on fund managers and market trends impacting fixed income investment strategies.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for initial and ongoing due diligence including onsite reviews, written research notes and report updates.
- Present findings and results to internal product approval committees, as necessary.
- Remain abreast of industry trends, regulatory matters, and market events impacting funds, managers, clients, and the industry.
- 7-10 years of job experience in the financial markets, with experience in investment manager analysis and knowledge of various traditional investment strategies.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income and the desire to expand skill set across investment strategies and products.
- Firm understanding of financial markets and the asset management industry.
- Demonstrated written communication skills, including experience drafting internal memorandum and detailed reports.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Support a team atmosphere including idea sharing, learning, and back-up.
- Ability to summarize large quantities of information and to work under pressure without sacrificing accuracy.
- Must be able to efficiently interface with internal personnel and external clients.
- A willingness to learn and to work within a close-knit team.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- MBA and/or CFA not required but viewed favorably.
- Appropriate securities licenses required or will need to be obtained upon hire.