GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH:
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Goldman Sachs’ Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
- Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that impact companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
- Credit Research analysts assess corporate debt and cover specific industry sectors to identify and communicate investment opportunities and make recommendations. Equipped with a fundamental understanding of trends and issues, research teams analyze companies within the context of their particular industry.
- Working closely with a Vice President in Credit Research, the Associate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing Healthcare companies, publishing investment recommendations on their debt securities and derivatives
- Developing and updating financial models using excel, which are used to project earnings, and providing detailed analysis of capital structures
- Publishing industry and company specific reports
- Working extensively with our sales force, trading desk and strategy teams
- Daily dialogue with investor clients, corporate issuers of debt securities, sales and trading
- Developing presentations for marketing use to external and internal client
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, strong preference for experience analyzing the healthcare sector
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience building and updating financial models
- Experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Passion for following the markets, both debt and equity