Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Investment Division General Manager (IDGM) is a strategic business partner that conceptualizes plans and coordinates resources and talent to maintain and improve the investments organization, including the following:
- Making decisions by working closely with the leadership team on business management needs and priorities.
- Using knowledge about the asset management industry and our firm to ensure effective business management activities are coordinated within the division.
- Leading and/or partnering with key stakeholders on strategic projects and initiatives impacting investments.
- Working closely with other investment division general managers and leveraging leadership time by acting as a primary liaison to other parts of the firm.
- Working closely with Head of Investments Business Management to coordinate the efforts of cross functional investment support teams and resources, and ensuring consistent business management activities are followed across the investments organization.
Business Unit Leader Support: The IDGM provides a high level of support and assistance to leadership with the primary goals of leveraging leadership time and ensuring overall operating effectiveness of the division. Related accountabilities include the following:
- Proactively briefing leadership about key priorities, initiatives and potential issues impacting the division and/or firm.
- Actively participating on both strategic and operational firm-wide committees and project teams to effectively represent the interests of the division.
- Keeping abreast of new business developments and internal initiatives which may impact divisional strategy or operating practices.
- Understanding current and planned product offerings and working closely with Product Group (and others) on behalf of investments to coordinate related activities (e.g., pricing, product launch, product reviews, etc).
- Overseeing (or preparing) presentation content for internal and external meetings (including periodic board reporting) and providing periodic information, analytics and/or insight to office of CEO.
- Translating divisional and firm-wide initiatives and priorities into the strategic business plan and participating in the budget process.
Manages Relationship with Shared Services: The IDGM builds and leverages partnerships with key TRP shared services partners (e.g., Product Group, Human Resources, Legal & Compliance, CFO Group, GICS, GBS/Technology). Related accountabilities include the following:
- Gathering, synthesizing and communicating the needs of the business to the Shared Service functions within the firm and holding these groups accountable for agreed-upon service levels.
- Functioning as a primary interface for Shared Service activities impacting the division and serving as an escalation point within the division when potential concerns/issues arise.
- Coordinating budget and quarterly expense reviews to ensure proper budgetary and financial controls, and ensuring comprehensive financial reporting is provided to division leader. Representing the division on quarterly financial/business conversations with CFO and Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Functioning as a primary point of contact on Legal/Compliance matters impacting the investment process or people, and leading the compliance oversight process.
Project leadership: The IDGM is expected to represent the interests of investments as an active participant on various departmental and firm-wide project teams and initiatives. Related accountabilities include the following:
- Providing high-level support to divisional leadership for planning and project management for investment related projects (e.g., serving as project leader and ensuring the execution of that plan by holding other team members accountable for delivery).
- Gathering critical information prior to initiating projects to assess feasibility, determine scope, identify capability gaps, and uncover other challenges.
- Leading project teams and removing barriers to achieve project objectives.
- Coordinating the efforts of investments-wide cross functional teams and resources to help operationalize the long term vision.
- Serving as the key contact for cross-departmental initiatives mandates as needed (e.g. real estate/managed office space assessment, TRP regulatory/compliance requirements, business continuity).
Process management: The IDGM provides business process solutions to division leadership by identifying and anticipating the changing needs of this business. This accountability requires the incumbent to proactively identify and resolve business problems (including operational risk) by establishing appropriate business processes and enlisting the support of other internal parties.
Investment Steering Committee coordination: The IDGM works closely with the head of the respective investment steering committee to ensure that the committee is managed in a way that ensures impactful/informative business oversight and optimal use of steering committee member time. This accountability requires the incumbent to facilitate agenda planning, meeting preparation/coordination and oversight/review of materials and periodic reporting provided to the committee.
- Qualitative feedback on service provided to investment division leadership, including Head of Division, Directors of Research and Investment Steering Committee members, as applicable.
- Qualitative feedback on service provided to Head of Investments Business Management.
- Ability to understand our investment strategies, process, products and packaging and leverage this knowledge to positively impact our overall investment business management function.
- Effectiveness in working with other members of the Investment Division
- Effectiveness in representing the division and collaborating across the firm on key projects and initiatives.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer