HP’s primary operating systems provider.Requires legal knowledge of general commercial practice with a focus on licensing, sourcing, sales and promotional programs. In addition to standard legal skills, job requires advocacy and risk balancing among different internal clients and the ability to team well with other resources from Global Legal Affairs. Other duties include creation and delivery of training on select supply chain topics as well as support for commercial aspects of supply chain operations sustainability efforts. Familiarity with confidentiality practices, go-to-market and/or business unit work is a plus. Job requires an understanding of legal aspects of corporate policy administration as both a customer and supplier.The successful candidate will also be expected to back-up colleagues on a team of lawyers representing HP’s 6500 employees in Supply Chain Operations.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Provides legal expertise to support client decisions in a sub-region and/or business unit or function.
- Develops risk profiles addressing complex commercial or specialty law.
- Promotes legal awareness and leads legal training activities for clients.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves complex legal issues.
- Concurrently works on multiple legal issues and projects for various client organizations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB).
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 4-6 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Well developed level of business experience supporting clients or advising on specialty law matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well developed breadth of practical legal and business knowledge, as well as in-depth knowledge in one or more practice areas.
- Good knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed competence and experience in negotiating or advising on legal and business matters, or focused competency in particular practice areas.
- Able to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications.
- English language skills to business standard preferred.