|The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG’s purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
- This is a technology position in a business facing role, with direct exposure to front-office businesses and traders, sitting on the trading floor
- Will be working with the CIP (Commodity Investor Products) Group, supporting their business operations from a technology perspective on a day-to-day basis
- Leading, mentoring and teaching a small team
- Accountable for prioritizing, requirements gathering and delivering solutions in partnership with the front-office and global teams
Day to Day Duties :
- Understanding and supporting trading processes from a technology perspective
- Knowledgeable in financial products, including but not exclusive to commodity indices
- Bespoke problem solving and troubleshooting, manage incidents and implementing tactical issues
- Working with proprietary systems to service front-office users in their day-to-day operations.
- Responsibilities include architect, design, and implement scalable resilient platforms for the Metals, Mining and Agriculture business and be accountable for prioritizing, requirements gathering and delivering solutions in partnership with the front office and global teams
- 5+ years development experience, prior front-office role is desirable
- Knowledge in Python/C++ is required, Java desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of financial products/modeling is desirable
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.