Primary responsibility is to investment grade and emerging market securities for ETFs, mutual funds and institutional accounts, ensuring best execution. Additional responsibilities include providing team members with market color, aiding the team in maintaining compliance and cultivating relationship with counterparties. This position will be part of the Global Fixed Income Trading Team working on the trading desk for PowerShares by Invesco in Downers Grove, IL.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Execute High Yield orders associated with index events, rebalances, and creation redemptions using a variety of strategies, trading venues, broker dealers in order to minimize fund tracking error versus relevant benchmarks.
- Achieve best execution for portfolio management directed trading activity.
- Maintain a close relationship with fund managers, ensuring constant dialogue regarding market news, market trends, key market indicators and regulatory developments.
- Aid in resolving settlement issues working as a liaison between the trading desk and support functions including operations, compliance legal and accounting.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with investment guidelines and regulations
- Cultivate relationships with counterparties in support of our access to liquidity and investment idea flow.
- Maintain awareness of developments with markets, regulations, trading technology and other issues relevant to the relevant markets.
- Attend meetings, some of which may be after normal business hours, with brokers and other industry representatives for the purpose of developing appropriate industry contacts and relationships.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5+ years trading investment grade, emerging market and other fixed income products.
- Knowledge of the investment grade or emerging market sales/trading business community is preferred.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarkAxess and Liquidnet preferred.
- Expertise in Excel and other desktop software is required.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of economic principles and capital markets functions.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
Bachelor’s degree is required and MBA preferred
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
Series 7 and 63 or CFA preferred