- Review and approve staff-developed journal entries
- May function as subject matter expert or project lead on accounting
- Responsible for complex analysis
- Develop accurate and timely financial reporting
- Implement solutions for complex accounting and financial reporting issues
- May prepare tax documentation and financial statements
- Enhance the control environment by monitoring accounting processes and systems; may recommend process changes and improvements
- Provide staff mentoring and training
- Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures, audit and accounting disclosure requirements, and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and tax regulations
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools
- Proven ability to utilize multiple financial systems, including an enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool and MS office applications.
- Broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated success driving measurable improvements to process and systems.
- Solid organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent analytical skills, goal/deadline orientated. Oracle system experience is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity highly desired.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs