Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has over $2 trillion under management and is one of the world’s largest networks of Financial Advisors.
The Digital Platforms group is responsible for transformational platform strategies that give Financial Advisors, support staff, and clients better tools. The Strategic Client Onboarding team is recruiting a strategic thinker who has a passion for uncovering new opportunities and executing projects to continuously improve these tools. The Digital Onboarding Product Manager will be responsible for the execution of technology project activities throughout the project life cycle from concept through implementation.
The Digital Onboarding Product Manager will interface with business partners within and outside of Digital Platforms, operations, technology, legal, compliance, and risk partners to implement enhancements and strategic transformations for client acquisition, onboarding and all associated and ancillary business processes across wealth management.
The Digital Onboarding Product Manager will oversee multiple projects simultaneously from beginning to end. S/he will act as a subject matter expert for account opening and maintenance. The Digital Onboarding Product Manager will field inquiries from senior management, the service center, business partners, and branches and be able to explain how the system works, troubleshoot escalations, and propose well thought out solutions.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, inquisitive self-starter with experience in user-facing technology implementations.
* Project execution through all phases of the project lifecycle
* Develop meaningful solutions to critical business issues
* Collect and analyze user feedback and metrics to inform solutions
* Write business requirements to achieve strategic solutions
* Manage testing completion in coordination with team leads, review testing plans, defects, requirement clarifications, and completion reports to ensure a smooth implementation of enhancements to the account opening and maintenance platform
* Work with communications and training partners to educate end users and call centers about upcoming implementations and promote adoption
* Manage field engagement and release rollout strategy
* Perform business verification of new functionality releases post-implementation in production
* Liaise between cross-functional teams to identify strategic system solutions and issue resolutions compliant with industry and governmental regulations
* Resolve escalations from senior management, the Service Center, Business Partners, and branches
* Simplify complex technical systems into visual process flows, tables, and PowerPoint presentations
* Assist with meeting preparation, facilitation, and note taking
* BS/BA degree with strong academic record
* Experience with user-facing technology implementations
* Self-starter with exceptional project management skills and ability to work both independently and in a group to drive projects to completion
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
* Must be able to effectively communicate in both business and technical contexts
* Strong analytical, process-oriented, problem-solving/issues-resolution skills
* Ability to work well with employees across a diverse range of functional groups
* Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
* Must be able to understand technical intricacies of systems
* Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Working knowledge of Visio preferred
* Knowledge of / Experience with Wealth Management preferred
* Consulting experience preferred