A major international firm seeks a Financial Regulatory Reporting Professional in the San Francisco Bay area.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment to consolidate the financial results of the company and report operating results internally and externally. This position is responsible for collecting financial information from global locations, reviewing, compiling, analyzing financial and accounting information, preparing consolidated financial statements and related disclosures, researching accounting policies, and preparing SEC filings (10Q and 10K) and internal management reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Conceptualize, organize and draft SEC documents such as the 10Q and 10K, including financial statements, financial statement footnotes, and MD&A, ensuring compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Manage the review of the SEC filing documents with executives, auditors and cross functional teams like legal, business finance and investor relations.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting pronouncements and the ability to research proper accounting treatment and required disclosures for new accounting pronouncements under U.S. GAAP and SEC guidance.
- Review financial statements and financial schedules prepared by other accounting groups for SEC and other external reporting, including press releases, to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in coordinating with the Company’s external auditors in areas of external financial reporting and accounting issues during quarter and year-end periods.
- Experience in XBRL tagging and SEC filing systems like workiva, meryll lynch etc and addhoc reporting requirements like 8K, proxy etc .
- Collaborate with other functional groups and obtain the necessary information to draft appropriate disclosures for SEC documents.
- Acquisition and divestiture reporting experience will be a plus.
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses and research of accounting literature, including participating as a key contributor on projects implementing new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Participate in cross-functional special projects (e.g., changes in benefit or stock plans).
- Drive efforts cross-functionally to continuously improve the financial close and reporting cycle with emphasis on timeliness, quality of results, and reporting content.
- Perform certain SOX controls and prepare documentation, evidencing their performance.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
∙Minimum of eight years of progressive experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting.
∙Hands on experience SEC financial reporting for a large multi-national organization.
∙Experience preparing and/or reviewing SEC financial reports.
∙Experience researching, evaluating, and applying accounting literature to complex accounting.
∙Experience with financial databases and major ERP and reporting systems; Oracle, Workiva, Onestream.
∙Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, SEC reporting requirements
Please email resumes to Jack@compliancesearch.com.