This role will be passionate about the development and execution of the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Program across the Investment Bank division of Credit Suisse, especially around the area of new client approvals and ensure that the Program meets internal and applicable local legal or regulatory requirements and standards. The individual will be part of a wider Financial Crime Compliance team and will be required to provide regional support to the various country Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLROs) in ensuring that Global and Regional FCC standards are appropriately implemented.
- Client Identification (CID)-AML Advisory and Regional Support
- Provide Compliance advice to the Investment Banking business and supporting functions on client identification matters pertaining to new rules, regulations and initiatives including the necessary impact assessments.
- Provide regional advisory support to the respective Country MLROs and ensure applicable global and regional standards are appropriately implemented locally.
- Ensure any emerging trends or relevant control issues from the country are raised to Regional FCC Management.
- Client Identification
- Provide CID Compliance approvals for all Client Identification matters, including ensuring all account approvals satisfy the required standards.
- Regulatory Developments, Policies and Procedures.
- To stay on top of the regulatory developments and to provide advisory support to the respective location MLROs.
- Identify, coordinate, undertake or lead projects as needed to improve process and application of CID-Anti Money Laundering (AML) .Compliance’s policies and procedures, including the necessary technology, process and controls improvements.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure the AML Program, controls and processes are in line with expected standards of the AML Program.
- To prepare and conduct the training on Client Identification.
- Assist location MLRO in fostering a culture of compliance within the bank.
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager or department head.
- You possess a Bachelor of Law/Accounting/Business/Economics/Finance and related academic qualification.
- You have at least 3 year of solid AML track record part of which would need to be relevant CID/KYC/AML experience within an Investment Bank.
- You should have working knowledge and experience in AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg).
- You are a dedicated self-starter with a can-do spirit.
- You have effective analytical ability, and are a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box.
- You have the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with key internal clients including business, client onboarding, operations and other general counsel colleagues etc.
- You have good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- You are able to multi-task and prioritize.
- You should have the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in dealing with the regulators and auditors would be preferable.