Finance & Risk Analytics professionals help firms build market leading capabilities, providing tools and techniques which help in managing uncertainty by using statistical analysis covering quantification, analysis and reporting of risk. They deliver and report on information supporting risk management and governance. They also provide data management covering data governance, quality, ownership, sourcing and architecture. Performance management is provided by adjusting the performance measures for the risk exposure at individual, group and corporate levels. Such professionals also help firms to reduce the volatility of results through a more proactive management of risks and rewards.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor
- May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance
- Decisions often impact the team in why they reside
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
- Deliver on risk modeling and analytics projects that may involve model development, validation, risk strategy, model implementation, economic/regulatory capital calculation, stress testing and end-to-end delivery of risk management solutions
- Support project teams engaged in the delivery of a wide range of credit, market and/or operational risk management analytics initiatives
- Provide support to management in business development initiatives, including developing client proposals and building strong relationships with Accenture clients
- Support development of the Risk Analytics practice by driving initiatives around market research, capability development, thought capital, knowledge management, etc.
- Contribute to development of Accenture Points-of-View on a variety of Risk Analytics topics
- Maintain skills in risk modeling and analytics
- Minimum 3 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on the Financial Services industry required
- Credit, market, liquidity and/or operational risk analytics (e.g., model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, model documentation, model validation, model governance, model implementation, integration and automation, etc.)
- Retail, commercial, and/or Capital Markets portfolios, including commercial lending, asset-based lending, treasury services and investment banking. Exposure to insurance, wholesale/retail lending, deposits, etc. desirable
- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices (e.g., CCAR, DFAST, Internal Capital Reporting, Capital Planning, Risk Weighted Assets, etc.), including any combination of the following: back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, benchmarking, capital calculations, reporting standards, etc.
- SAS or Matlab. Exposure and/or proficiency to other analytical tools such as R, SQL, C++, VBA, Murex, Calypso, Numerix, etc., desirable
- Solid project management experience including: defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, project economics and client relationship management)
- Model development/quantitative skills should include any combination of the following: multivariate regression models, transition matrices, stochastic processes, econometric models, neural networks, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with credit/market risk type models (e.g., ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, VAR, SVAR, etc.)
- Exposure to commercial lending, commercial real estate, credit card, mortgage, retail and/or trading book
- Demonstrated understanding of the unique components and behaviors commercial portfolios such as: loan origination and underwriting; credit policies; portfolio management, allowance for loan and lease losses; loan review and remediation
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative discipline. An Advanced Degree in one or more of these disciplines is highly desirable