There’s no doubt this is a world-class opportunity. It’s all about economic development. There’s nowhere more exciting to build a career in economic development than London – a true global hub for business. And there’s nowhere closer to the heart of the action than Westminster.
A genuine economic powerhouse, Westminster’s night time economy alone generates £3bn. Its economic resilience and iconic status comes from an extraordinary breadth of businesses – from international retail centres like the West End and Knightsbridge, to the creative hubs of Theatreland and Soho, and world-famous ‘specialist streets’ like Savile Row (tailoring) and Harley Street (medicine). Factor in everything from 17 Michelin starred restaurants to 30 museums and galleries, and it’s no surprise Westminster’s economic output outperforms the City of London. You’ll take it to the next level.
Joining the Economy Team at Westminster City Council in this vital role, you’ll play an active part in shaping the future. Your expertise in securing external and alternative funding means you’re ready to hit the ground running. Developing and driving our external funding strategy, you will be instrumental to boosting the Council’s resources. Thanks to you, we’ll support an incredible economic evolution through a wide range of economic development, enterprise and employment programmes.
- Develop, implement and manage a strategic approach for securing additional funding
- Enable successful bids to external and alternative funding bodies
- Take on the role of Accountable Body for externally or alternatively funded programmes and projects managed by the Economy Team
- Oversee and carry out all duties for compliance of programmes, including making sure claims and payments are legal, capable, accurate and auditable
- Work closely with finance, programme and project leads, government departments and their agencies
- To be equal to the challenge, you’ll need significant relevant experience. A successful track record of bidding for and securing external/alternative funding is vital. Equally important will be proven experience of developing and implementing externally funded (including EU) programmes. You’ll bring to the role up-to-the-minute knowledge and insight into economic development issues. Good working knowledge of the external funding agenda, both nationally and locally, means you’re ready to start making an impact from day one.
- Working for Westminster gives you easy access to a huge variety of fantastic entertainment, restaurants, culture and events, in the heart of our diverse and vibrant world class city. We offer competitive pay rates and excellent benefits including season ticket loans and employee discounts on local events and services.