The Risk Manager will be responsible for examining existing as well as proposed business / operational activities to determine potential risk exposures, and participate in the development and execution of company risk management policies, practices, and processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with Avon’s Management team to establish sound practices and principles for the identification, treatment and management of risks and vulnerabilities associated with Avon’s global business
- Oversee the placement of all global Property & Business Interruption, Casualty, Umbrella & Excess Liability, Executive & Management Liability, Construction, Marine cargo, Business Travel Accident and other necessary insurance and surety programs for Avon’s worldwide operations.
- Prepare and present regular updates on Avon’s financial & strategic performance to key insurers to maintain long-standing relationships and ensure continuity of insurance coverages.
- Manage the placement of property insurance including: gathering, compiling, and summarizing asset and exposure information from all properties prior to renewal; completing and reviewing marketing submissions; manage renewal marketing meetings; binding coverage and reviewing policies for accuracy; coordinating payment of premiums; and reporting material changes to carriers as necessary and coordinating any resulting endorsements.
- Serve as President of Stratford Insurance Company, Ltd., Avon’s wholly-owned captive insurance company. Manage captive insurance company’s underwriting, pricing, reinsurance, claims, budgeting, cash management, investments and review of financial statements.
- Develop and manage department budget, operating objectives, and performance management plans. Prepare and communicate insurance forecasts, premium allocations, expense accruals and liability reserves.
- Supervise claims team and oversee all claims & litigation management activities to reduce Avon’s cost of risk. Understand insurance contracts and collect insurance proceeds on covered claims.
- Lead risk management efforts for merger/acquisition/divestiture due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities.
- Manage insurance brokers, third party claim administrators, adjusters and all other consultants, vendors, suppliers associated with risk management initiatives.
- Provide guidance on management of risks in contracts, agreements, leases and other legal agreements.
- Provide oversight and leadership in the establishment, implementation, and monitoring of internal controls for risk management activities.
- Identify and analyze risks associated with specific transactions by reviewing/conducting economic assessment for the quantification of benefits and risk exposures.
- Serve as a core contributor to Avon’s Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity teams.
- Collaborate with Risk Control team on Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Property Loss Prevention, Fire Safety Engineering and Asset Protection strategies.
- Periodically review insurance products currently not purchased to ensure latest insurance product evolutions and offerings are evaluated and considered for continued self-insurance or recommended for purchase, as appropriate
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and new insurance products/services, as well as promote Avon’s business by serving on trade association and industry advisory committees and boards.
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree Preferred
- Certifications / Designations: ARM, CPCU, CSP and/or other related professional designation preferred
- 15+ years of financial management, risk management and/or corporate insurance management experience within a global Fortune 500 company
- Experienced Risk Management professional with strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Individual must be an analytical, high energy, hands on, and take charge executive with proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability in a complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large geographically dispersed teams to achieve corporate and business unit objectives
- An ability to assess and value various risk and profit elements associated with proposed transactions and ongoing operations and the ability to translate this analysis into meaningful business decisions
- Excellent oral, written, verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required
- The ability to effectively matrix manage and influence across a large complex organization