- Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
- As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
- Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
- Institutional Securities Group Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected ‘front to back’ view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
- Role will gain oversight of the Equity Derivative Trade Support team. This individual will be required to immediately provide enhanced transparency and control within the day-to-day support environment, establishing consistency of best practice and management reporting for the Swaps, Vanilla and Exotics TSG teams. Additionally, this individual will need to actively address the team mix of resources and functional coverage. Currently the team is aligned along specific trading desk set ups. Going forward the team needs to be shaped along more Operational functional lines – for example; Booking Workflow Support /Sales Support/Core Reconciliation. We are looking for a resourceful and dedicated candidate who can deliver meaningful and controlled change and can also take on day-to-day management of the team. This resource will be control focused and proactive in strategically resolving issues raised by Operations, the BU or other downstream functional areas.
- Ability to build effective relationships with Trading, Sales groups along with other support functions (Financial Controllers, Technology, projects group).
- Undertake current state assessment in order to identify control gaps. Work with global counterparts to understand the scope of the issues and identify near term bet practice adjustments.
- Perform business analysis needed to create proposals for scalability (VnG analysis), team fungibility, depth and efficiency.
- Partner with global counterparts to ensure that initiatives are aligned to regional business needs and ensure that regional business needs are well represented in the global arena.
- Work closely with the projects team for continued renovation of TX and related migration efforts.
- Partner with the project group and IT to ensure that business requirements are conveyed accurately in order to guarantee intended deliverables
- Ensure that operational needs are escalated to management in order to deliver solutions in a timely manner, be it tactical or strategic, or both
- Review and analyze weekly performance and key metrics reports for derivatives operations group.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.