- We are currently seeking an Equity Research Associate to join our II Ranked Biotechnology team in New York. The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst and the team of associates on many aspects of the research process.
- Analyze individual biotech companies
- Perform deep scientific analysis on pipeline programs and platforms
- Write company specific and thematic investment-driven research reports
- Interact with thought leading physicians to hone understanding of new drugs and their commercial outlook
- The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations
- Build and maintain financial models
- Exceptional academic background – PhD in a life-science related field or an MD is a strong plus
- Applicants without a doctoral degree but with experience in Healthcare Equity Research or Healthcare Investment Banking will also be considered
- Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to do deep primary research with industry executives, physicians and legal consultants
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to learn about the biotechnology industry and markets
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative and a willingness to work hard
- Series 7, 63, 86 & 87 required, or willingness to obtain
About PIPER JAFFRAY
At Piper Jaffray, we help clients Realize the Power of Partnership. Through a distinct combination of independent thinking, candid counsel, focused expertise and empowered employees, we deliver integrity, insight and impact to each and every relationship.