William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents.
- We are looking for a Chicago based Research Associate to join our Healthcare team supporting our sell-side Biotech Analyst.
- Conduct research, build and/or update financial models and other statistical data for use in the formulation of security analysis, and prepare internal and external written reports, notes, and other documents to communicate investment ideas, research, news events and opinions regarding security analysis.
- Make field trips, interview company executives, prepare records and files to develop and maintain sources of information to assist in analysis activities.
- Answer inquiries from customers, personnel of the firm and the general public regarding individual securities or industry groups.
- Identify and formulate new investment ideas, and issue opinions and recommendations to clients on securities and companies in one or more industry groups targeted to follow, in order to generate new business activity.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- M.D. or Ph.D. in biology or chemistry strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related work experience.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills.
- Capable of building computer generated financial models.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products.
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 must be obtained within first 90 days.