The equity index derivatives trading team (focused on risk, pricing & hedging within the US) is looking for a junior trader to work on the VIX and vol of vol books. The Index desk covers vanilla options and variance swaps on all the US indices (including volatility indices like VIX) and ETFs (including international and cross-asset ETFs).
- Manage risk, pricing and hedging of the VIX and vol of vol books, as well as other index option books
- Execute trades, including stocks, futures, options and variance swaps in order to hedge customer trades
- Coordinate internally with other desks and externally with inter-dealer brokers in order to seek and analyze trade opportunities to optimize hedging and increase efficiency
- Generate market color, ideas and axes to maximize client revenues
- Maintain the existing tools necessary for the desk to operate and manage risks properly, as well as develop new ones.
The candidate will be part of a top-tier trading team and immediately be involved in all aspects of maintaining and expanding the franchise: from pricing, risk management and technology initiatives.
- A similar role with a leading bank with volatility experience, ideally index focused.
- Strong knowledge of derivative products
- Working knowledge of the Equity and Options markets
- Strong verbal communication and analytical skills
- Programming skills
- Good reputation, hard worker, team player, ability to act fast under pressure
- Ability to partner and build working relationships with colleagues across trading, sales, quants, strategy and support desks
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or higher