- Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Directors have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. As an Engineering Director you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started – and as a Director, you guide the way.
- The Privacy team works with teams to build products that respect billions of users and and adhere to privacy laws globally. As an Engineering Director, you’ll influence and inspire how companies and the rest of the world protects user privacy. You will have a fascinating window into what the whole company is doing, with a quick path to direct impact on products, how they’re built and their privacy capabilities.
- Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead a large, multi-site team handling privacy review, consulting, and software, process, and technique development to improve privacy at Google and other Alphabet companies.
- Interface with executives at Google and other Alphabet companies.
- Build and execute a shared team vision.
- Inspire, lead, and support teams to implement novel solutions to new and complex privacy challenges.
- Develop future leaders in the field of engineering privacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of engineering-based work experience.
- Engineering leadership and management experience at scale.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Effective team management and team-building skills, with the ability to bring together a shared vision for the team, make sure everyone is aligned, and drive execution on that vision.
- Passion for solving nuanced and complex challenges, with curiosity to learn about technology and technology challenges.
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, and a strategic mindset.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs