Reporting to the Head of Government Relations EMEA, based in London, the primary responsibilities are:
- Monitoring and analysis of European public policy issues affecting the Firm. This will involve co-ordination with business units (notably the Legal and Compliance Division).
- Providing guidance to internal colleagues on the direction and substance of policy developments (principally in the UK and EU) and potential impacts on the firm.
- Coordinating responses to public consultation exercises, both via industry associations and bilaterally.
- Representing the Firm’s concerns and interests vis-à-vis policy-makers at EU level, including the European Commission, the European Parliament, member state representations, ESMA (etc.) and also at national levels throughout EMEA.
- Representing the Firm at industry groups and trade associations (such as BBA, AFME and ISDA).
- Providing briefs to senior management for their interactions with the public sector.
- Supporting and advising on the Firm’s business relationships with the public sector in EMEA.
- Proactively advising business and infrastructure units on the likely impacts of specific policy proposals.
- Discussing regulatory and political matters with the Firm’s clients, bilaterally and through client seminars etc.
Skills required (essential)
- Relevant work experience in public policy or a related field is required.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a pertinent subject area (such as European studies, politics, economics or law).
- Good knowledge of financial services and ability to deal with complex issues.
- Good understanding of the EU policymaking process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional European language at an advanced level is required.
- A willingness to travel frequently is required.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs