About the team:
You will be part of the NA Fixed Income etrading team, a dynamic group of 20+ technologists based in New York. The 40+ global etrading team deliveries technology solutions across all rates products, dealing with both rates securities and derivatives.
Our business vision is simple:
- Maintain and extend #1 industry leadership.
- Implement low latency and high availability infrastructure.
- Best-in-class client service and operational capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of Fixed Income e-trading software. Specifically you can expect to:
- Design technology solutions on different scales
- Be mindful of cost / benefit analysis in everything they do
- Advise management and project mangers on build or buy decisions – and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context .
- Cut code to deliver enhanced etrading functionality across our suite of in-house components and applications
- Be an expert on integrating in-house applications to existing vendor technology (ION MarketView, Kdb, RMDS etc.)
Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes including waterfall and agile.
- Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks.
- Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
JPMorganChase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,M/F/D/V
- Fixed income products knowledge
- Knowledge of fixed income electronic markets
- Java – excellent core understanding and low-level programming experience
- Experience in optimizing/profiling, multithreading
- Test driven development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability, time and project management skills to juggle many priorities.
- Desirable experience:
- Experience of low-latency, high throughput systems
- Python, C++, SQL, JSP, Unix Scripting
- ION Trading, RMDS, 29 West
- Business/technical analysis experience in a financial environment.