Prudential’s Customer Office is seeking a Director of Technology, Production Operations with a proven track record of managing technology-enabled financial products in a fast-paced production environment. The person filling this role will be instrumental in supporting and maintaining high performance of all technology deliverables from the Customer Office in production. This role will ensure deliverables are accepted into a deployable environment and they remain functional to business expectations and that all production measures and metrics are gathered, analyze and reported towards continuous improvement of performance of the deliverables in production.
This leadership role requires strong collaboration skills to team up with partners in business, product development and infrastructure groups and a passion to persistently engage towards building world-class standards in operational excellence. This leader will work in a fast-paced environment where multiple streams of deliverables will be rolling into production at different times and planning for their sustained performance will be essential. While solving for sustained operational success of deliverables, this role will think strategically towards building scalable technical support environment and working processes that will support a multitude of customers with diverse needs. Initiatives will include but not be limited to monitoring, reporting & tools, and incident, change and problem management. High availability of our sites will be a key metric that this leader will own.
The role is responsible for preserving the performance of technology deliverables in production environment per business expectations and service level agreements with partners.
Key responsibilities include
- Partner with Development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment
- Plan and execute on the monitors for every deliverable such that time-to-issue-resolutions are minimized
- Build and implement processes to cover required functions within productions operations such as level-1 application support, change and problem management, incident management leading to issue resolutions, reporting at executive and detailed levels, etc.
- Explore and implement solutions to continuously improve the state of production operations to solve for very high uptime, high performance (or low latency) and low fatals among applications.
- Developing a high performing team through strong leadership skills. The team will consist of production support engineers, incident managers and other functional staff members to aid in quick resolution of production issues.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on USB/CO’s technology assets (IP and hardware) in production thereby becoming a knowledge-hub for inquiries into our assets in production. Requirements may be for internally-developed applications process or for third-party applications connectivity, hosting or integration
- Exercises judgment within best business operations practices to design, implement, and support operational standards, processes and capabilities for individual software products and services.
- Works on problems of varying scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of multiple factors of the overall product or service.
- Reviews product requirements and architecture to understand and implement operational standards and capabilities.
- Builds effective internal and external relationships that are essential to delivering an “always-on” software product or service. Receives little instruction on day-to-day work
- Operates from a mindset of end-to-end ownership working closely with Technology teams and Production Operations staff.
- Creates clearly documented goals, plans, designs and results
- Creates reasonably and increasingly accurate work estimates
- Represents the customer perspective during business operations activities.
- Take up any additional responsibility as needed by business
- Overall experience of 15+ years with several years in Software Operations Management including ITSM and Production Support or related.
- Should have sound knowledge on – System Administration, Web/App Administration, Perl/Shell scripting, DB concepts, Networking and DNS hosts, Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with management of shared services operations activities; including risk analysis, high availability, change management, incident management processes, customer communication mechanisms
Experience in production support of consumer facing web based systems
- Be data-driven to drive continuous improvement of Operations and developing accurate measurements for senior management and controls.
- Experience with assessing tools for production support and operations management.
- Has a proven track record for developing people, teams, and strong partnerships with other functional and remote teams.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and with remote teams/organizations
- Use knowledge of technology and operational best practices to lead operations team in design, development and implementation of operational standards and capabilities for connected services that enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Thorough understanding of on-call activities.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Should be a good mentor and team motivator.
- Operations tasks will include creating, developing & managing the deployment architecture for the application; developing the monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts; developing and driving incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms; overseeing change management & configuration management operating mechanisms; driving root cause analysis (RCA), Long term fix(LTF) and risk management processes; driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes BU and Intuit-wide
- Well versed in ITIL framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to coach and mentor software operations/Support engineers and operations resources for personal and professional growth
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.