A well known financial services firm seeks a Scenario Analysis Operational Risk Management professional at the Director level.
The person will be responsible for the following:
* Collaborate with business unit leaders and others to develop, execute, and maintain an updated inventory of operational risk scenario analyses aligned with the company’s Risk Appetite Framework and Basel risk management framework
* Design and lead scenario analysis workshops, including the identification of scenarios and execution of the program standards. Provides effective fact-based challenge to the process.
* Assists in the integration of results of scenarios into the operational loss models and Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program (RCSA)
* Produce resulting enterprise risk program reporting
* Assists with enterprise risk programs by leading the operational risk coverage for one or more business units to ensure compliance with the ORM Framework and resolution of risk/control gaps or inefficiencies. Ensure effective RCSAs produced by these businesses.
* Develop and present relevant risk control topics to the ORCC and ERMC meetings, as needed
* Partner with colleagues across the firm to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification of business-specific and horizontal risks within the business.
* Research and record operational risk incidents/losses and associated process breakdowns for use in Operational Risk & Control Committee meetings.
* Perform data collection to provide meaningful ORM metrics including RCSA, Issues Management, Risk Acceptances, proportion of business self-identified vs. risk, audit or regulatory identified issues.
* Monitor issues management items and action plans identified by the businesses.
* Lead, or participate in, other operational risk and control projects as assigned.
* Serves as a subject matter expert of the RCSA process.
* Maintain awareness of the industry and changes impacting the business to ensure appropriate actions to mitigate risk and modify/expand controls.
* Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required degree in a quantitative field (math, finance, engineering, sciences) strongly preferred
* Strong quantitative skills in risk data capture
* 5+ years of experience in scenario analysis, public accounting , internal audit or operational risk
* High level of professionalism, self-motivation and a strong sense of urgency
* Ability to operate in gray space and to adapt to work flow variations and change
* Strong writing and presentation skills
* Excellence in execution experience running projects independently strong multi-tasking
* Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com