This position reports to Director of Internal Audit and Advisory Services (Chief Audit Executive or CAE). The position is responsible as the Chancellor’s primary point of contact for management audit requests, investigating fraud and coordinating campus risk assessment as CAE directs. The Director assists CAE with: planning, organization, direction, coordination and all internal audit activities for their respective campus. Director helps University and campus accomplish objectives by utilizing a systematic, disciplined approach for evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The internal audit work activity determines whether the University and campus’ network of risk management, control and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or related discipline.
- 5 years relevant business experience including- internal audit, public accounting or consulting experience required.
- Valid driver’s license. Demonstrated risk assessment, strategic planning, analytical and problem-solving skills and a proven ability to confront change is required. Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills required. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and build effective business partnerships at senior levels of the organization
- Master’s degree
- Thorough understanding of risk and internal control concepts and their practical application. Demonstrated creativity and initiative in enabling business solutions.
- CPA, CFE, CIA or CISA
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly sits; may stand, walk. See, hear, speak and use of hands.