A leading Defense Oriented company located in the Portland Oregon area is seeking a Director of Internal Audit. The Company’s products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Director of Internal Audit will report directly to the audit committee of the company’s board of directors and administratively to the chief financial officer (CFO). This person will be a key member of the CFO staff and will work closely in partnership with senior management to lead the audit function and assess the company’s processes for identifying and managing business risk and delivering organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This person will have exceptional business leadership skills and be able to demonstrate superior business acumen. This position is for an experienced internal audit leader who enjoys hands-on involvement in planning and executing audits, and in developing a durable internal audit methodology suitable to a fast-paced high tech company.
- Develop the overall audit strategy to support the company’s objectives and governance policies
- Understand the risk profile of the company and develop and maintain a risk-based audit plan for the company’s Systems global locations, including tracking audit findings through to remediation
- Drive the execution against risk-based audit plans that clearly define the objective and scope of each review, employing critical thinking and appropriate testing methodologies
- Develop strong relationships and partner with senior management across the organization, leading discussions and exercises to identify and mitigate risks in their environment
- Communicate findings in a timely manner, obtaining business partner agreement on root cause of issues and commitment to implement recommendations and/or remediation
- Drive effective communication with executive management and the audit committee on the status of the annual audit plan, emerging risks, and leading business practices
- Provide an independent appraisal of controls over financial integrity, operational effectiveness, and compliance with laws and policies
- Partner with the legal and compliance departments on the development and maintenance of an ongoing company-wide enterprise risk management program
- Lead and administer the company’s Section 404 compliance efforts, including control definition, assessment and testing
- Ensure the Internal Audit department has an effective relationship with the external auditor so that the external audit efforts are timely and efficient and that deliverables from internal audit meet their deadlines and expectations
- Manage and grow a talented team of professionals, utilizing outside experts as necessary, to ensure that internal audit resources are appropriate, sufficient and effectively deployed to achieve the internal audit plan approved by the audit committee
- BS/BA degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university
- Certified Public Account (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or other related certification
- 10+ years of progressively more complex audit and management experience in public accounting and/or private industry
- Strong technical internal audit and accounting skills, including advanced knowledge of COSO 13 framework, U.S. GAAP, GAAS, IIA and PCAOB Auditing Standards
- Highly ethical, sound judgment and ability to act independently
- Strong project management skills with ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with senior/executive level management and board members
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to complex problems.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Passion to help improve operations continuously
- Highly proficient in MS Office.
- Experience in SAP/BPC, Workiva, and data analytics software a plus. *MR
Please email resumes to Steve Tepperman – Steve@ComplianceSearch.com