- Responsible for developing and maintaining profitable distribution of fixed
- income product in assigned territory through sales of primary and secondary market investment
- products to institutional clients.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain customer relationships through prospecting and account maintenance
- Develop and maintain relationships with other corporate calling officers including Public Funds,
- Financial Institutions, Real Estate Capital Markets, Corporate Trust and others.
- Provide manager with monthly recap of activity and developmental needs.
- Maintain currency on new products and industry trends.
- Develop working knowledge of banking services that may be applicable to clients and
- Develop new and creative approaches to customer relationship building.
- Develop understanding of back-office operations that support sales effort, and establish
working relationship with back-office personnel.
- Provide market feedback to fixed income traders and underwriters.
- Generate revenue at level exceeding goal determined by Sales Manager.
- Make customer/prospect referrals to other corporate calling officers and document same.
- Represent department at seminars, trade shows, industry forums.
- Provide manager with revenue generation/cost savings ideas.
Minimum Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related field. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Five years experience in banking, accounting or finance.
- FINRA Series 7, 63 required. Thorough knowledge of and ability to use software programs such as Word, Excel, Lotus 1-2-3, PowerPoint and MUNEX 2000
About Fifth Third Bank
Fifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. As The curious bank, we’ve staked our claim on looking at things differently, at being better listeners and at showing more commitment. We employ about 19,000 people, and what we offer is: