Focused on underwriting and managing a credit portfolio of middle-market account relationships specifically in Asset Based Lending. Transaction structures will include conventional asset-based lending products. General responsibilities include preliminary deal screens. Underwrite deals related to accepted proposals. and managing the resulting portfolio.
- The Director of ABL works with primary responsibility for leading a team of dedicated ABL professionals on behalf of Fifth Third Bank. In this capacity, the Director will initially work with other leaders in the Bank to form a new ABL team of dedicated specialists. This team will be primarily comprised of existing ABL professionals within Fifth Third. The ABL team with be responsible for pitching, structuring, and executing ABL solutions across the entire Fifth Third Commercial Bank platform.
- The Director is a strategic leader, and will play a key role in appropriately and effectively positioning Fifth Third’s personnel, capabilities and expertise to develop and up tier the firm’s relationships with both existing and new ABL clients. Additionally the Director will continually assess and prioritize relationships to ensure optimal deployment of the bank’s human and financial capital toward high-value strategic relationships.
- Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures thatactions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The team will be responsible for pitching, structuring, and executing ABL transactions to targeted Fifth Third clients
- Support existing relationships with covered Sponsors
- Responsible for carrying out day-to-day coverage, origination, and transaction management responsibilities for coveted Sponsors
- Develop effective calling and business development practices that optimize time and resource management, and ensure sustainable delivery of strategic ideas I solutions for Sponsor clients
- Establish strong working partnerships and routines with key internal partners Manage and prioritize a pipeline of financing and advisory I M&A opportunities
- Leverage extensive knowledge of financing and M&A solutions and relevant M&A and capital markets activity
- May include direct or indirect supervision and direction of the day-to-day activities of junior ABL professionals
- Provide employees and key internal partners with timely, candid, and constructive performance feedback Develop employees to fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance career growth
Minimum Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years Asset-Based Lending, Private Equity, Investment Banking, or related financial services
- Extensive knowledge of private equity, capital markets, merger and acquisition structures, and understanding I experience with credit analysis is required
- Through knowledge of credit policies, procedures, and terminology
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrable success originating and executing complex financial transactions
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA Preferred), ideally with concentration in Business, Finance/Accounting
- FINRA Series 7 AND 63 licenses preferred