Responsible for selling company products for specific or multiple sales channels in the state of Washington through one or more of the following intermediaries: brokerage firms, financial advisors/brokers, banks, and insurance companies. Develops and maintains sales programs, identifies and responds to client needs, and prepares and presents investment reviews and sales training seminars for clients. Develops and implements strategies for the growth and servicing of all assigned accounts. Typically assigned larger or more complex accounts. May supervise and oversee work activities of internal wholesaler position in assigned channel if appropriate. Provides guidance and leadership to lower level staff.
- Sells company products for larger or more complex accounts through one or more assigned intermediaries.
- Assigned primary or joint account management responsibilities for assigned territory.
- Meets with clients to present investment reviews, discuss investment strategies, and to identify and respond to needs in an effort to enhance client relationships.
- Prepares and presents sales training seminars with intermediaries to promote and develop sales opportunities.
- Develops and implements sales programs and strategies for the growth and servicing of clients.
- May supervise and oversee work activities of internal wholesaler position in assigned channel if appropriate, including evaluating performance and training needs, and recommending hiring, termination, and salary actions.
- Generates new sales ideas, identifies new sales opportunities, and launches new products.
- Maintains awareness of competitive industry trends to provide technical investment information to clients.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to lower level staff.
Assumes additional duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strategic business relationships
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of the company, including history, investment resources/team/style/process, and fund offerings
- Advanced knowledge of financial services industry and investment products in general, including stocks, bonds, funds, annuities, 401K plans, pension plans
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to create effective client presentation materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to influence the decisions of others
- at least two years of field experience in financial services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Series 6, 7 and 63 licenses required;