This individual contributor role supports the firms Compliance Programs team. With responsibility for, among other things, policy governance, anti-money laundering (“AML”) compliance, privacy compliance, and investigations at the company, the Compliance Programs team ensures that the firm complies with applicable laws and regulations governing our insurance and annuity businesses.
1. Perform various data analytics functions, which includes gathering data, calculating and reporting key performance metrics relevant to various Company compliance requirements and processes, including those relating to the Company’s AML, Privacy, and Anti-Fraud programs.
2. Perform complex AML and fraud investigations, including reviewing, logging, and filing, if necessary, federally-required Suspicious Activity Reports and state-required anti-fraud reports.
3. Identify, investigate, mitigate, and report privacy data breaches.
4. Work with the Privacy Officer and the IT Risk function to further develop the Company’s cybersecurity and breach response programs.
5. Support the Company’s suspicious activity surveillance program by gathering data, formatting and distributing transactional surveillance reports, coordinating research performed by associates in the Company’s various business operations, and drafting factual summaries.
6. Support the Company’s Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”) program, including responding to EDD requests from business partners and providing recommendations regarding high-risk customers and accounts.
7. Identify and address control weaknesses through monitoring, testing, and remedial action plans.
8. Design, implement, and monitor the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met.
9. Translate compliance and/or business needs into specific business requirements.
10. Manage relationships with business customers and leadership, consultants, vendors, and other internal partners.
11. Provide information and/or training to end users to help resolve inquiries related to assigned processes, procedures, and/or initiatives.
12. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in the insurance industry or in financial services performing in a capacity related to compliance, audit, legal, regulatory affairs, or another related area of expertise
• Bachelor’s degree
1. We are looking for an individual who is intellectually curious, flexible, adaptable, and centered in his or her relations with superiors and peers
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. FINRA Series 6, 7, 24, 26, or other securities registrations preferred
4. Knowledge of regulatory requirements in financial services industry, including insurance and securities industries
5. Excellent analytical, investigative, and writing skills
6. Strong leadership competencies, and an interest in future management opportunities
7. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) competency
8. Ability to work effectively with associates at various organizational levels throughout MetLife
9. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and strategic leadership skills
10. Successful track record for delivering results in a timely manner
Please send resumes to Jack Kelly – JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com