- The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization.
Responsible for building the technical defenses of a media-industry leading, intelligence-driven organization that works across the different businesses and collaborates closely with senior leaders to ensure solutions meet both business and cybersecurity needs.
- In addition to the strategic responsibilities, provide technical leadership and direction; function as technical and engineering subject matter expert for cybersecurity. Partner with NBCUniversal business in deploying secure solutions.
- Ensure the NBCUniversal enterprise network is secure.
- Define, implement, and model security practices for enterprise environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
- Prioritize enterprise initiatives to build towards an intelligence-driven organization.
- Serve as security architect on key enterprise and business security initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining a common operating picture of security-relevant systems and controls throughout the NBCUniversal enterprise
- Lead initiatives to ensure that the technology vision is realized including developing advance detection and monitoring capabilities for incident management, response planning and reaction to events
- Develop documented security architectures detailing secure, defendable configurations of systems, applications, and processes relevant to the NBCUniversal business needs.
- Support businesses in designing, implementing and deploying secure systems.
- Validate designs for security throughout their lifecycle.
- Identify and assess risk and make sound risk decisions and recommendations.
- Communicate risk decisions, project status, recommended strategy updates to senior leadership.
- Work with engineers to develop and/or tune security controls and configurations.
- Use machine learning or advanced techniques to identify security risks.
- Solve complex technical and integration issues with creative and secure solutions.
- Build effective relationships across NBCU businesses.
- Mentor junior security engineers and architects. Build and contribute to communities of excellence
- 10+ years experience in a cybersecurity role.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership position.
- Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
- Proven thought leadership, strategic thinking and decision-making.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Inter ested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
- Highly collaborative; personally and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
- A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction
- Experience advising and representing senior executives and business line leadership on technical related issues
- Excellent relationships with key vendors and other relevant industry contacts
- Highly collaborative; personally and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards
- Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered; great judge of talent and a superb role model for future leaders; ability to retain, develop and attract best-in-class talent from inside and outside the organization
- Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs