The Country Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance risks in the country. This role is an individual contributor position in Singapore covering Equities compliance.
The Country Compliance Manager is also responsible for:
- Compliance risk assessments performed in the country and contributing to the risk assessment for the region
- Country compliance reporting, identifying and aggregating compliance risks/issues for the country.
- Compliance monitoring occurring in the country.
- Evaluation of internal audit results, regulator identified issues, monitoring & testing (“M&T”) results and advising on remediation required in country.
- Ensuring Compliance “owned” issues (i.e., Internal Audit, Regulator and Self Identified issues) are addressed appropriately and timely.
- Contribution to the development of compliance monitoring & testing plans.
- Creating compliance training coverage plans to address local needs.
- Oversight of changes in local and regional regulation, including advising on those changes and directing the appropriate areas to implement or amend policies and procedures/processes to address change in regulations.
- The Country Compliance Manager ensures that any inquiries and exams by regulators in the country are appropriately managed by the relevant Compliance Officers.
- The Country Compliance Manager escalates any key issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Responsibilities for this role also include ensuring consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs by establishing effective review practices across teams.
- The Country Compliance Manager may be responsible for providing leadership direction, attracting, assessing, developing, motivating and retaining a successful team or serve as an individual contributor.
- This role may have Money Laundering Reporting Officer responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree holder or equivalent educational experience
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience working in global investment bank or regulatory body
- Excellent knowledge of Singapore rules and regulations relating to Cash Equities. APAC regulations is an advantage
- In-depth products/market knowledge of equities and/or listed derivatives
- Ability to multi-task and independently drive responses to regulatory/exchange compliance issues/queries
- Solid awareness of controls and governance
- Self-motivated, a team player and results orientated
- Ability to work in partnership with business, shared services and other members in Legal and Compliance in the region
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.