TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
- Turner Legal Department is in search of a lawyer with 4-8 years of experience for a Counsel position
- The selected candidate will help acquire content for Turner’s television networks and also help in the development of Turner’s digital media strategy
- The individual hired for this role will work on the corporate side of entertainment transactions, interacting with motion picture studios, television networks, film and television distribution companies, and Internet and digital media companies
- The individual will handle a broad range of matters including structuring, negotiating, and drafting content license agreements, helping develop and implement digital media strategies for the company, providing dedicated legal and business affairs support to in house clients and various teams across the organization, as well as other duties determined by management
- J.D. required with at least four years of experience practicing law in house or in a law firm, preferably in a role(s) where heavy drafting of agreements is the norm
- Substantive experience in media-related legal matters, content acquisition, and intellectual property, is preferred
- Knowledge of the television industry, digital media, and technology is a plus Excellent academic credentials and references; strong strategic thinking and analytical skills and judgment; strong interpersonal skills, a positive team oriented attitude, mental agility and ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment a must