In this role you would provide legal advice and legal services for State Street’s procurement team and business / group vendor management teams with respect to outsourcing, consulting, licensing and other third party engagements with technology, service and other providers; advises on technology, data security and privacy matters for or with State Street’s information technology group; assists with corporate intellectual property activities; and, as needed, participates in related aspects of information technology projects, corporate and business unit projects, strategic initiatives and M&A activities across State Street’s global operations.
The Vice President and Counsel—Procurement and Technology may have a role in a wide variety of matters, including:
- Counseling on the legal issues and related processes associated with outsourcing, consulting, licensing, hosting and other third party engagements, including negotiation of contracts, providing guidance on disputes and monitoring of third party performance, participation in risk analysis, advising on process issues and documentation related thereto; and integration of policy and practice objectives of other corporate divisions (e.g., corporate information security and privacy).
- Advising business units and corporate groups regarding third party engagements throughout the procurement process and duration of the relationship, including working in partnership with State Street’s procurement and vendor management teams.
- Supporting corporate intellectual property activities, including registration, licensing and disputes.
- Advising on technology and sourcing matters for acquisitions, joint ventures and other initiatives.
- Working closely with outside counsel for purposes of certain large third party relationships and disputes relating to certain third party relationships.
- Monitoring and identifying regulatory risks and issues and assisting with the development of solutions to minimize corporate exposure.
- Special projects as requested.
The successful candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Significant experience in contractual negotiations of a wide variety of third party engagements, including, licensing, technology services, consulting services, financial services, market data, general business services, temporary employment and contractor services and/or other similar contractual relationships.
- Proficiency in technology, outsourcing, licensing and a diverse range of service relationships.
- Strong understanding of financial services, open source, regulatory obligations, intellectual property, privacy and data security protection.
- Well-developed communication, client service, drafting and writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, communicating with various levels of internal clients in a large entity.
- Juris Doctorate and bar admission.
- Minimum 4-5 years of related work experience.