- Provide legal support for the North American renewable energy business team (wind, solar & battery storage) in connection with the development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects in the U.S. and Canada, and the provision of 3rd party operations & maintenance services to operators of renewable energy projects. Based on the candidates background and experience, provide support in one or more of the following specialties:
- corporate compliance laws and processes, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,
- environmental compliance issues, with particular focus on Endangered Species Act compliance and/or
- energy regulatory compliance; any of the foregoing related to the development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects.
- The balance of the work will be assigned based on the candidate’s skills and experience and dedicated to the provision of general business legal advice on a wide range of topics in support of the Company’s expanding renewable energy portfolio and services businesses.
- Position requires
- close alignment and cooperation with the Company’s Legal Department’s teams in Chicago, Illinois, Austin, Texas, and Essen, Germany, as well as,
- close alignment with the business partners that the Legal Department supports, and
- demonstrated ability to apply a practical rather than theoretical focus to legal issues with a view to finding viable business solutions to those legal issues.
- Preferably, 4-10 years’ experience as a lawyer. Preferred industry experience: energy-related businesses in the U.S., with particular emphasis on legal work associated with the development, construction and operation of renewable energy and/or independent power projects. The foregoing requirements are subject to change, and interested applicants are encouraged to apply or reapply for available positions. Hiring Manager may consider applicants with greater or lesser experience than that specified in the foregoing described requirements.
- J.D. (Juris Doctor) degree from a U.S. university.
- Admission to a state bar in the United States, with preference for membership in to either the Illinois bar or Texas bar (either currently or by way of reciprocity).
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs