Key responsibilities include:
- Technology Risk/Operational Risk
- Understand the linkage between Technology Risk Assessment and Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) within the ORMF
- Lead identification and analysis of risk concentrations within the technology areas and provide an independent assessment of the inherent risk, mitigating controls, and residual risk. Recommend any adjustments as required to meet JPMC policy, regulatory requirement, and industry best practices.
- Work directly with the appropriate technology functional areas to identify areas with potentially elevated risk concentrations and perform deep dive investigations into the corresponding inherent risks and mitigating controls.
- Assist LOB OROs in determining the appropriate consideration of technology risk management and risk events
- Monitor for external events which may be relevant to technology scenario analysis
- Work with Corporate and LOB Technology to identify and define common scenarios including, but not limited to Cyber scenarios
- Effective Challenge and Emerging Risks
- Work with Technology Control Office to identify current and emerging technology risks
- Provide input into the firm-wide ORMF processes to inform Technology Control Committees
- Operational Risk Analysis and Reporting
- Develop and perform ongoing analysis of loss events, near miss events and external events and ensure these are used to inform RCSA results, technology assessments and scenario analysis
- Understand requirements for Technology to meet heightened standards for operational risk management and monitor completion of any activities required
- 15+ years experience in technology development and oversight, financial services experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of the JPMC technical environment and standards is advantageous.
- Broad and deep knowledge of current and emerging technologies is required
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments if required.
- Understanding of technology risk management and control principles
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate
- Adept at developing relationships with senior business executives with a reputation for partnering across organization lines to mitigate risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Engineering, Physics, Math or related field; post graduate degree a plus
- Highly disciplined, able to work with limited supervision and make independent decisions with a track record of leading by influence
- Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
About JP Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.