Credit Risk Management is looking to hire an Vice President covering corporate lending and derivative transactions. Credit Risk Management is a key function in protecting and making sure we take prudent risk for Nomura. The group evaluates transaction and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the credit quality. The department also assigns internal credit ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple deals in various stage and manage a portfolio of credits
- Perform due diligence on newly originated leveraged finance transactions in broad industries, working closely with Investment Banking (financial sponsor and industry coverage, leveraged finance structuring and syndication).
- Identify risks affecting the business for leveraged finance credits. Analyze recurring EBITDA, credit statistics, and projected financials and form a credit view.
- Perform financial statement analysis for assigned corporate borrowers. Analyze an array of financial metrics to assess the value of a business, determine debt capacity and understand the financial risks associated with the capital structure.
- Present credit view of the transactions to CRO, CFO, CCO and other key senior professionals
- Establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance for corporate derivative transactions
- Negotiate ISDA terms, working closely with legal counsels.
- Apply fundamental credit analysis and various analytical tools to develop risk rating recommendations.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate counterparties including and ensuring timely completion of semi and annual credit reviews and global/regional portfolio reviews.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- At least 6+ years of relevant risk management experience, including leading transaction and managing a portfolio
- Credit trained preferred
- Strong accounting/finance skills, as well as, basic knowledge of loan products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assess the credit worthiness of companies in various industries
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to exercise credit authority within delegated authority