Join our team as Corporate Counsel and help provide legal advice and support for Harley-Davidson, Inc. with respect to public company securities, disclosure, and corporate governance matters, and with respect to commercial and litigation matters for the Finance, Communications, Strategy, and Information Services teams.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with business personnel to negotiate, draft, and provide legal advice on a wide array of commercial agreements and matters, including technology licenses and software-as-a-service agreements, supplier agreements, real estate transactions, aviation-related agreements, data analytics agreements, travel and entertainment agreements, and professional services agreements.
- Work with legal and business personnel on public company matters and required SEC filings, including proxy statement, Annual Report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, periodic reports on Form 8-K, Section 16 filings, and Regulation FD compliance.
- Report to the Assistant General Counsel and manage the work of the Corporate Governance Lead.
- Delegate work to and oversees work of outside legal counsel.
- This position requires a Bachelor Degree and a Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school.
- The successful candidate will have 8 years of related experience with at least three years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Strong commercial drafting and negotiation skills and/or strong public company disclosure and reporting experience is required.
- High level of integrity, excellent judgment, analytical skills, and ability to identify all relevant issues.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills (including good listening skills) and the ability to achieve positive outcomes through influence.
- Ability to lead and/or work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates organization, planning and research skills.
- Ability to provide sound legal advice that is responsive to the business needs of Harley-Davidson, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Ability to respond to clients’ needs consistent with corporate strategies and objectives.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.