The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the Corporate Banking business teams, key stakeholders and other members of the Global Corporate Banking Compliance Team to support and enhance the Compliance culture within the organisation by providing technical guidance, support, tailored feedback on regulatory issues specifically focussed on a part of the overall Corporate Bank product set. The product set includes Debt (including Debt Portfolio Management), Trade and Working Capital, Cash, billing, Liquidity, FX, CREST, correspondent banking, channels and payments and also includes Coverage related support. The successful candidate’s role will initially BE focussed on providing support to the Debt, Debt Portfolio Management and Trade and Working Capital businesses. The candidate will ensure that new business proposals as well as existing processes, systems and controls comply with regulatory obligations and Barclays’ standards and principles.
This is a varied role in an area of the business that is taking a number of strategic changes, in the coming years. The role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop their compliance experience and technical skills in a dynamic environment, with the support of a team with significant technical expertise
- Provide day-to-day support to the Debt and Trade team VPs and Director in providing compliance advice across the Debt, Debt Portfolio Management and Trade and Working Capital business areas. This will involve detailed understanding of the regulatory environment across the UK, US and Europe, working with Compliance teams in country, developing a working knowledge of relevant overseas jurisdictional regulations.
- Provide support on regulatory change projects affecting Debt and Trade and Working Capital, for example, Structural Reform Programme (UK), Structural Reform Programme Europe, Cross Border Licencing due diligence and various controls enhancement initiatives
- Provide support on driving appropriate management, escalation and reporting of technology-related incidents affecting the Debt and Trade and Working Capital businesses
- Keeping internal Compliance management information reports and reporting tools for Debt and Trade and Working Capital up to date
- Tracking and providing guidance and advice regarding customer complaints and Risk Events for the Debt and Trade and Working Capital businesses, including attending Trends and Themes governance forums relating to the same
- Provide guidance and advice on the product development, product launches and modification across the Debt and Trade and Working Capital business areas, assessing the regulatory risks of new business initiatives. Demonstrate ownership for issues/breaches, ensuring they are logged and tracked to conclusion, escalating to senior management where appropriate.
- Proactively review and enhance Compliance processes and procedures and develop innovative ways to improve the service provided by Compliance
- Keep up to date on all regulatory related change e.g. PSD2, MIFID2, PRIIPS as relevant across a range of topics, and adhere to the competency framework in place for the Compliance team
- Provide input and manage successful delivery of annual Compliance Risk Assessment and Material Risks and Controls Assessments
- Identify, manage and escalate conduct risks within the product and coverage environment. Where appropriate, identify risks and themes for Verification Checks and support completion where needed.
- Track record of operating within a Financial Institution or Corporate payments or cash management environment and/or Compliance function that handles Debt and/or trade finance products, payments and product solutions.
- Strong understanding of the UK/EEA regulatory environment.
- Technical knowledge of FCA, PRA rules and guidance in relation to debt products, trade finance products or payments products and systems.
- Analytical and investigative skills in order to identify areas of non-conformance to process/regulatory Compliance, root causes, key risks and challenges to Barclays Corporate business units and clients within the Transaction Banking Product and Debt business environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including ability to provide tailored letters, e-mails, presentations and reports appropriate for the audience and to articulate complicated matters simply
- Ability to adapt to and drive change within a changing environment and work effectively with multiple stakeholders from a wide business background
- Time management skills- able to manage competing priorities and technical issues across a variety of business areas and topics
- Risk, accountancy and legal experience/qualifications will also be considered