- Experience working in a Global Delivery Model leveraging both onshore and offshore resources. Candidate will be required to support a team concept for the global group providing value to the business.
- Work jointly with offshore development lead to provide technical direction and guidance to both onshore and offshore technical resources (10 – 12 members).
- Contribute as an active member of the development team. Need to be hands-on and primarily responsible for specific applications.
Champion best practice software development life cycle.
- Coordinate with the offshore development lead and the development team to set system architecture direction for applications developed and supported within the Core Operations Technology area.
- Includes identifying areas where efficiencies can be gained thru common code standards or framework reusability.
- Primary interface for the Core Operation Tech. team to the infrastructure group and will coordinate technical projects (hardware upgrades, technical architecture changes, etc.)
- Local technical representative for the Core Operations Technology group to address any technical questions that arise from the business or the infrastructure area.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- 5 – 7 years of development experience in financial services industry. Experience in back office/operations is preferred.
- Proven experience participating as a member of a global development team.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable interacting with developers, various levels of technology and business staff
- Mandatory knowledge for all flavours of Java but not limited to Java only.
- Familiar with a variety of financial industry technical skills. Includes data transformation processes, messaging, SQL and scripting across Windows and Linux platforms.
- Strong design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Ability to multi-task between development tasks, advisory role and interface role
- Familiarity with Broadridge Settlement and Clearance platforms is a plus but not essential
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs