Working with the Head of Compliance to ensure that department managers in Cardif Pinnacle and Warranty Direct (‘Cardif Pinnacle Group’) comply with regulatory and BNP Paribas Cardif requirements.
This will be achieved by developing strong internal relationships with key stakeholders, managing the regulatory monitoring programme and providing policy advice to bring about solutions which meet regulatory requirements and enable the Cardif Pinnacle Group to achieve its commercial goals.
- To maintain awareness of the legislation and regulation affecting the insurance industry and to ensure that all parts of the Cardif Pinnacle Group are made aware of the changes impacting the business on a timely basis.
- Represent Cardif Pinnacle in meetings with regulators, clients and Cardif/BNPP compliance.
- Provide accurate, clear and concise advice on regulatory subjects.
- Working with the Head of Compliance to manage the creation and submission of regulatory reports for regulators and BNP Paribas Cardif.
- Working with the Head of Compliance to write appropriate policies and procedures to meet the requirements of the regulators and BNP Paribas Cardif.
- Management of the financial promotions approval process for all marketing material, including telesales scripts and web sites
- To work with the Head of Compliance to create and proactively manage the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan. To work with the Compliance Analysts to deliver the required periodic reviews, making recommendations when the business does not meet the standards of the regulators or BNP Paribas Cardif.
- Responsibility for people management of the Compliance Analysts, including recruitment, development, coaching, training, performance management as well as performing regular one-to-one meetings.
- Contribute to working practices for internal departments within Cardif Pinnacle Group, including the relationships with key clients.
- To develop, produce and analyse MI to demonstrate the extent to which the Compliance Department is delivering against its objectives.
- Ensure Cardif Pinnacle Group maintains adequate safeguards for data protection, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing.
- To act as deputy for the Head of Compliance when necessary.
- To undertake ad-hoc Compliance projects as agreed with the Head of Compliance.
Contribute to the company’s security:
- Ensure the awareness of all attached staff (including subcontractors) of the security policies and facilitate their implementation, particularly by deploying the relevant rules in the activities they are in charge of,
- Contribute to the operations of the continuity and staff protection systems, by ensuring that the documentation is up-to-date and by participating to the tests and staff training,
- Contribute to the risk evaluation of the resources they are in charge of,
- Validate and control their staff accesses to resources,
- Inform without delay the security correspondents of all abnormal situation,
- During a crisis, ensure at their level the activities recovery as defined in the BCP.
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Extensive Compliance and Regulatory experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- The ability to network at all levels and build excellent internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and manage the department workloads, whilst delivering a high standard of service.
- Maintaining industry and sector awareness – locating, gathering, retaining and distributing information effectively
- Thinking analytically – being able to understand complex technical information
- Displaying confidence and professionalism – demonstrating relevant levels of knowledge and understanding, and providing views and opinions backed by a comprehension of commercial situations.
- Being able to manage change, work under pressure and secure results.
- People management and leadership experience
- Significant experience working in Compliance within financial services
- Diploma in Compliance (DiPCOMP)
- Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
Any Other Additional Requirements
- Full driving licence