Bank of America Merrill Lynch is looking for a compliance professional to join their team in order to support Risk Management (“CRM”) Program and the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy (GC Policy).
As a Compliance Specialist your role responsibilities are:
- Creating and maintaining a regulatory inventory.
- Updating relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements for FLU/CF.
- Contributing to compliance risk assessments.
- Contributing to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics.
- Monitoring and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls for FLU/CF.
- Identifying, aggregating, reporting and escalating compliance risks, issues and control enhancements for FLU/CF.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting the work tasked to the Electronic Platform Compliance front line unit team resulting from regulatory requirements.
- Helping senior members of the team to implement the necessary control enhancements that have been identified as part of the overall Compliance risk mitigation exercise.
- Ensuring that all monitoring is conducted and helping the team to develop new and enhancing current risk-based monitoring routines
- Assisting the team with keeping abreast of Mifid II and Market Abuse Regulation changes, impact assessments, workshops and the considerable amount of work that will be required to help ensure the firm can meet its obligations when these two very important pieces of legislation are implemented in July 2016 and January 2018
- Helping senior members of the team to ensure any conflicts of interest are appropriately managed
- Junior coverage of the Electronic Platforms Compliance team
- Opining on compliance aspects of and application of FCA, PRA, OCC, SEC, FED and CTFC rules
- Keeping abreast of UK, U.S, European and other relevant legislation and regulatory developments
- Assisting with regulatory investigations and incidents within Fixed Income
- Provision and coordination of regular Compliance training to the various desks
- Preparation of MI for senior Compliance management
- Working closely with Compliance colleagues to improve the Fixed Income surveillance and testing architecture
- Ability to help develop and settle new graduates in the team
Skills and qualifications we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to take decisions when required and to escalate when necessary
- Fixed Income product knowledge.
- An interest in Electronic Trading and Automated trading techniques.
- Some relevant experience of working on a Fixed Income trading floor in an advisory/control function capacity involved in the review and approval of transactions would be beneficial.