- Work hard, have fun, and make history working with Amazon’s Legal Department. We are looking for someone who can research product and trade regulations in India and develop and implement related compliance actions. This position requires in-depth legal research into a variety of complex regulations and advising legal and business teams on your findings and proposed actions. Once a decision is reached, you will help implement processes and policies to effectuate the decision. This will involve providing written legal guidance and coordination with multiple teams.
- You must have strong prior work experience in a professional setting, a cooperative attitude, and excellent organizational skills. The ability to effectively communicate is essential, both verbally and in writing. The role will require that you be self-motivated to learn and understand our operations and to identify and analyze relevant laws and regulations. The role will sit within our legal team and involve both independent and team work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You will need great judgment in ambiguous situations, a sense of humor, and a desire to learn and be curious.
- 5+ years of prior work experience in a professional setting with a degree in law
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects
- experience in dealing with broad range of product compliance issues, such as regulations on Legal Metrology Act, Drugs and Cosmetics Act, Food Safety Act, Drugs and Magical Remedies, Insecticides Act, Pesticides Act, etc.
- Willingness to review a wide range of products from both legal and cultural standpoints in order to make recommendations about whether they should be offered on websites in India.
- Prior work experience with a law firm, corporate legal department, or government agency
- Prior experience in regulatory compliance
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs