- Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Provide advisory support and coordination on Group policy consultation, feedback and implementation within APAC region
- Participate in all relevant global initiatives and projects relating to Financial Security / KYC topics
- Provide advisory support to local Compliance teams, businesses and functions in the APAC region on all sanctions/AML/CFT related issues as well as in the analysis, interpretation and application of BNPP policies and procedures (such as Global KYC Policy and its relevant segments, Global Sanctions Policy; Major Sanctioned Countries Questionnaire Procedure, Country Policy, etc.)
- Participate in and provide sanctions/AML/CFT advisory support on transactions to all business lines within the APAC region, including but not limited to DCM transactions, corporate finance transactions, structured finance transactions, wealth management, global markets, corporate & investment banking activities
- Provide succinct analysis on sanctions/AML issues and perform clearance of escalated alerts an transactions in a timely manner
- Coordinate and review all sanctions / AML / CFT related escalations within APAC, liaising with Group Financial Security and Group Compliance as necessary
- Provide support to relevant local Compliance teams in the APAC region in the establishment of appropriate controls, monitoring and procedure framework in line with Group and regulatory requirements
- Be familiar with and keep updated on all sanctions / AML / CFT regulatory and internal policy development, and provide advisory support to the APAC region on the same
- Educate stakeholders on Financial Security issues with a view to inculcate a strong Compliance culture and mindset in the fight against money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions violations
- Support APAC Financial Security training efforts as well as initiatives
- Generally provide support to the APAC Head of Financial Security/KYC Advisory and the APAC Regional Head of Financial Security / KYC
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- University law graduate with relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA Diploma of Compliance or Anti Money Laundering, and/or other industry AML memberships/certifications, e.g. ACAMS)
- Some legal experience in handling contracts / commercial transactions as well as sanctions issues, is preferred.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in related AML/sanctions advisory areas
- Strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think critically and to write concisely and clearly, and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Possess an attention to detail with an investigative and questioning nature.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a supporting team player.
- Possess extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
- Good organizational and coordination skills with excellent (verbal and written) communication and analytical skills are essential.
- Knowledge of debt capital markets, corporate finance and structured finance transactions.
- Good knowledge of the evolving international sanctions regimes and key development.
- Familiarity with navigating the operational tools which support AML Compliance controls would be preferred.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs