To perform alert disposition, conduct investigation and provide advisory to Business on AML related matters.
- Responsible to review transaction alerts for any money laundering issue, collect comment from Relationship Manager as appropriate.
- Conduct investigation, meeting with relevant staff and prepare report on cases with potential suspicious transactions.
- Liaise with Head Office, IT and Compliance of other location in reviewing transaction monitoring thresholds and parameters.
- Participate/To assist in project to enhance transaction monitoring systems and perform UAT.
- To assist in coordination of regulatory inspection and investigation.
- To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Keep abreast on new regulations and to update Management and staff on changes in regulations.
- To identify and control compliance risks, implementing monitoring measures where required.
- To advise Business and Functions on compliance and regulatory issues.
- To support in implementing policies and procedures as a result of changes in Head Office directive or local laws and regulations and updating such rules and regulations relevant to Wealth Management.
- To carry out the client acceptance and review process and to ensure that compliance especially with issues like money laundering, due diligence on clients, know-your client process, sanctions, transaction monitoring.
- To provide training on compliance issues and promote compliance awareness and culture.
- To assist in preparing relevant compliance reports pertaining to Wealth Management for submission to Head Office and ensuring the accomplishment of the Department’s mission.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Familiar with Hong Kong laws and regulations.
- Work well with people and under pressure.
- A good knowledge of compliance framework.
- Good communication skills with Front Office.
- Need to work as a team.