VMware is looking for an experienced lawyer to join its EMEA team. The successful candidate will be based in Moscow, Russia, and will report into VMware’s Director, Ethics and Compliance for EMEA (who is based in Staines, UK). In this role, you will oversee ethics and compliance issues for the Russia & CIS region, including managing the development, maintenance, implementation, and execution of the Company’s policies and procedures and overseeing implementation of the compliance function within the region. You will also support Ethics & Compliance initiatives throughout the region and globally. You will partner with the regional legal counsel to cascade communications about process improvements, and ensures that behavior is aligned with the VMware’s Business Conduct Guidelines. This position also acts as an investigative liaison to review and support investigations that take place in the region.
- Manages and oversees implementation of compliance initiatives and programs in the designated areas;
- Updates and further develops, as appropriate, compliance processes and procedures to support the rollout of relevant compliance policies;
- Identifies and helps prevent compliance violations and, where necessary, escalates such violations to facilitate and support prompt investigation;
- Tracks and responds to all inquiries regarding ethics and compliance matters;
- Works with other functions such as Finance and Internal Audit to evaluate and assess all compliance controls and to support the continuous enhancements and implementation thereof;
- Coordinates with other members of the local and regional legal team on compliance with local laws;
- Supports the due diligence process for business partners (agents, distributors, resellers, sub-contractors);
- Develops and delivers compliance training to employees and business partners;
- Compiles quarterly compliance reports detailing all compliance activities – investigations, inquiries, training, etc.; and
- Supports the Gifts & Courtesies process for the EMEA region.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as the supervisor may assign from time to time .
- Law degree from an accredited law school is required.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with demonstrated leadership and legal and/or compliance-related responsibility is required.
- Strong project management skills are preferred.
- Familiarity with financial, operational, HR and project management procedures.
- Compliance certification and/or compliance investigations experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with DOJ/SEC investigations is a strong plus.