The COO function also aims at fostering a culture of continuous improvement within the team and act as an agent of change. The COO function ensures that all CMS transversal processes are streamlined and efficient. On request, the COO team can also assist the Trade and Communications surveillance management to improve their processes, ensure smooth roll out of new tools, contribute to re-organization of an activity.
Monitoring and communication
- The Compliance Officer CMS COO contributes to the production of the reporting Management Information pack as well as all other monthly and quarterly reportings, maintain the CMS roadmap, audit points log, escalations log, Report on the permanent supervision, headcount, budget, etc.
- The COO team member also contributes to communication materials,
Change enabler function:
- The COO team member contributes proactively to CMS global continuous improvement through initiatives on streamlining the organisation, harmonisation of transversal processes, simplification, etc. The COO team member also promotes collaborative tools and works to reinforce international communication within CMS and harmonization of practices.
- The COO team member may be asked to contribute to projects, during design phase as product owner or champion, contribute or organize user acceptance tests, or during roll out phase, on training, organisation and change management topics.
Research and Development:
- The COO team member may have to organise and deliver R&D initiatives, such as Robotic process automation, Big data Business intelligence, and Machine learning, including raising awareness, helping the team raising use cases and setting up the initiative and resources capable of delivering those use cases.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- The role involves autonomy and requires enough seniority and initiative, capacity to self-organise, define priorities, deliver proactively, report and escalate to the management and propose solutions to issues encountered.
- Previous experience within Compliance
- Previous experience with IT projects and organisation
- Previous experience within SG, especially the Investment bank, Market Risks, control functions
- Reporting experience (BI Tableau or Spotfire is appreciated)
- Project management basic skills (small projects)
Change management skills:
- Capacity to build and deliver Communication
- Organisation skills (Lean, 6-Sigma green belt , BPM, Agile or Kanban practice or equivalent is appreciated)
- Capacity to build and deliver Training
- Capacity to listen to the team, appetite for identification of continuous improvement
- Negociation skills / consensual
- Previous experience with working in virtual global teams / international experience appreciated
- Inclination towards new technologies
- Supportive of collaborative tools
- Appetite for IT knowledge / understanding of IT stakes around RPA / Big data
- Appetite for VBA, Python, R is also appreciated