- To play a vital role within the organisation coordinating and ensuring compliance with external legislation and regulation and internal policies and procedures in areas including; governance, charity law, health and safety, fundraising, employment law and regulations, data protection and finance.
- Responsible for coordinating the Compliance Framework and resultant action plan
- To work closely with the Director of Finance & Operations, providing advice and operational and administrative support to embed compliance within the culture of Concern UK.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Director of Finance and Operations to maintain and update the Compliance Register by carrying out periodic reviews and audits as appropriate, ensuring that risks are understood and up to date and mitigating actions are continually implemented.
- Review existing and support and coordinate the development of new organisational policies and procedures.
- Disseminate information on policies and procedures to all staff and relevant stakeholders, tracking awareness and addressing identified gaps.
- Coordinate organizational wide compliance processes , for example, complaints response
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the organisation’s internal policies and procedures are understood and implemented consistently, addressing identified gaps.
- Provide support to the Director of Finance and Operations and the Executive Director to develop and monitor appropriate organisational processes which ensure that the organisation adheres to the law, governing documents and the requirements of the regulators
- Keep up-to-date on latest sector developments by researching new legal and regulatory requirements and providing updates to management.
- Support the HR Officer to ensure health and safety risks are managed within Concern UK offices.
- Act as the main point of contact for all compliance queries and ensure queries are dealt with efficiently.
- Ensure staff are trained on relevant compliance, policy and regulation aspects directly and indirectly linked to their role and department.
- Provide written updates to Director of Finance and Operations on compliance
- Liaise closely with Company Secretary to ensure all obligations are met
- Maintain documentary evidence of compliance where appropriate
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post.
Person specification (essential):
- Qualified to degree level, preferably with relevant subject such as business, finance or law
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Experience delivering presentations and training to groups of people
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience in writing internal policies
Person specification (desirable):
- Experience of project management
- At least two years’ experience in compliance or governance focused role
- Knowledge of legal terms and contracts
- Knowledge of Charity Law
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs