The role will require the individual to be responsive to the needs of the business and reactive to regulatory issues, which emerge as a result of a worldwide client base. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that projects are initiated and implemented in accordance with applicable rules.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the UK and EU Board of Directors;
- Independently initiate, drive and implement project solutions;
- Create and maintain project plans and regularly follow up on open items;
- Produce high level summaries and updates for senior management;
- Keep abreast of regulatory rule changes and developments, assess their impact and as appropriate, circulate to management to consider next steps;
- Keeping up to date with EMIR and MIFID regulatory developments, technical standards and industry solutions;
- Assess current practices and develop enhancements where needed;
- Manage the flow of communication between Compliance units in various jurisdictions where FXCM has offices;
- Provide advice to the Business on regulations that impact a firm dealing in OTC products.
- Sound proven compliance experience or relevant department experience at an FCA regulated firm;
- Sound knowledge of European regulations;
- Ability to work with the business and build smooth working relationships;
- Team player and able to prioritise in a fast moving, constantly changing environment;
- Analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership and development skills;
- An ability to establish credibility at the most senior levels within the firm;]
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines; and
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.